Friday, January 27, 2017

Like A Tree Holds Leaves



  Then she pulls over the napkin with the dinosaurs holding coffee cups. "What's this?"

  "Just an idea I have for the Sketchbook of Impossible Things."

  She stares at it. "Aw, your grandpa knew you were talented, and he'd so proud of how hard you're working on your art. And he would love that you named your sketchbook after Alice in Wonderland. He had such fun sharing that book with you." She looks up at me. "Just like he shared it with me when I was young."

  Alice in Wonderland - a book about living in a world where nothing makes sense made perfect sense to me.

  "I miss Grandpa," I say. Three words that hold sadness like a tree holds leaves.

  "Me too, sweetheart."

  ……

Fish in a Tree, P18-19
Lynda Mullaly Hunt
ISBN 978-0-399-16259-6




1 comment :