Saturday, February 18, 2017

That Makes Us Each Great



  Suki raises her hand. "Grandfather says everyone is unique. Special. Unlike all others, that makes us each great."

  "I like that, Suki!" Mr. Daniel says. "And you are indeed great!"

  She remains seated but bows a bit. "Thank you, Sir."

  Mr. Daniels bows back and then stands up straight. "In fact, you're all great, my fantastic Fantasticos!"

  Albert raises his hand and Mr. Daniels nods toward him. "Excuse me, but just because something is unique, that doesn't mean it's good. After all, E.coli, a dangerous bacteria, is unlike all others."

  "Point taken, Albert, but I do like that people are all different. What if we all looked the same, thought the same, had the same beliefs?"

  "That sounds boring," Keisha says.

  "Indeed it does," he says.

  I think that I wouldn't mind being more like everyone else. But then I think . . . I wouldn't want to draw like everyone else. And I wouldn't want to act like Shay. Or Jessica.

Fish in a Tree, P220-221
Lynda Mullaly Hunt
ISBN 978-0-399-16259-6




No comments :

Post a Comment