Sunday, October 4, 2015

What Can I Do About That?




  Wolf roars with laughter.

  Dog can't see the funny side.

  "You stole my sign, Wolf," he says.

  "You're a thief.

  A stupid one at that.

  Because it says on the sign:

  BEWARE!

  I KEEP GUARD FOR MY BOSS!

  What do you want with that thing?

  You don't even have a boss.

  Who are you keeping guard for?"


  Wolf's fun is over.

  He looks down at his paws.

  "I keep guard of my forest.

  That's close enough," he says.

  "Ha, ha!" Dog scoffs.


  "A forest is not a boss," he says.

  "who cares," says Wolf.

  As long as the signs helps.

  It scares off the cats and the kitties as well.

  That's what counts."

  "But the sign is mine," says Dog.

  "And the forest is mine," says Wolf.

  "What can I do about that?"


  Dog and Wolf are quiet for a while.


Wolf and Dog, P89-90
by Sylvia Vanden Heede, illustrated by Marije Tolman
translated by Bill Nagelkerke
ISBN 978-1-877579-38-7




No comments :

Post a Comment