Saturday, April 22, 2017

Hope It Is



  'And like you say, that gets very annoying. I don't know why you have anything to do with me.'

  'Good point. I don't either. Why I should bother with someone who says such absolute garbage?'

  'It's true about you not putting on any weight . . .'

  'Okay. From now on I'm stocking up on chocolates and ice-creams. Watch this space. Skinny me is gone!'

  'I don't want you to do that. You can be skinny. No one's perfect.'

  'Hey.' Her pink finger nudges mine. 'I love your smart mouth I don't you to change anything.'

  I look back against the cold stone and gaze around me. In among the dead there must be girls who were once like me and Kyla. They probably lived this very scene before us; asked the same questions about friendship, about life; wondered if it was all worthwhile. I think it is. Hope it is.

A Straight Line to My Heart, P78
Bill Condon
ISBN 978-174237-730-8




No comments :

Post a Comment