Sunday, April 23, 2017

Take Advantage of People's Bad Luck



  It feels strange to listen in as the Shark and Jordie talk about their morning's work, like two soldiers reliving a battle. I don;t feel part of that at all. And I can clearly see the things that are wrong with what they do: they take advantage of people's bad luck, and go work on them when they're vulnerable. Yet the storm and all the havoc is news, and they have to get their stories. The main difference between me and them is that they've learnt to distance themselves emotionally from what they report. I can't do that. Nowhere near. I wonder how long it'll take before I learn how it's done . . . And then I wonder if I ever want to learn something like that.

  . . . . . .

A Straight Line to My Heart, P188
Bill Condon
ISBN 978-174237-730-8




No comments :

Post a Comment