Sunday, February 11, 2018

Stitch Together all the Gaps in Our Lives



  To focus, I think of how dogs are witness. How they are present for our most private moments, how they are there when we think of ourselves as alone. They witness our quarrels, our tears, our struggles, our fears, and all of our secret behaviors that we have to hide from our fellow humans. They witness without judgment. There was a book once about a man who tried to teach his dog to speak a human language to help him solve his wife's murder. It said that if dogs could tell us all they have seen, it would magically stitch together all the gaps in our lives. I try to witness this moment how a dog would witness it. To take it all in. For the rest of my family, this wedding will be a gap in their lives, and I need to do my best to fill it.

Lily and the Octopus, P80
Steven Rowley
ISBN 978-1-5011-2622-2




3 comments :

  1. Good article you have published . I appreciate your post and thanks .

    ReplyDelete

  2. I am very glad to comment on this site with the excellent content of your site.

    image masking service

    ReplyDelete