Sunday, March 27, 2016

Doing Things They Didn't Like Doing




  'I don't know why more people don't do this,' I said, striking up a conversation.

  'Do what?'

  'You know, get drunk. Sit on a park bench. It seems like a good way to solve problems.'

  'Are you taking the piss, fella?'

  'No. I like it. And you obviously like it or you wouldn't be doing it.'

  of course, this as a little bit disingenuous of me. Humans were always doing things they didn't like doing. In fact, to my best estimate, at any one time only point three percent of humans were actively doing something they liked doing, and even when they did so, they felt an intense amount of guilt about it and were fervently promising themselves they'd be back doing something horrendously unpleasant shortly.

The Humans, P241
Matt Haig
ISBN 978-0-85786-876-3




No comments :

Post a Comment