Sunday, April 16, 2017

Human Form of Broccoli



  I've done this walk so many times. Going to see Kyla . . .

  We've been friends since we were nine. Back then I wasn't great at conversation. Hello and goodbye were my strong points. Finding something for the middle was always a problem. When the girl came to school I could see no reason why she'd want to know me.

  She had mad legs on her even then, and she's a ranga: long flowing hair the colour of apricots. Dress her in rags, she'd still look hot.

  I tried to talk to her a few times, but I think she saw me as a human form of broccoli: she knew I'd probably be good for her, but she didn't like me.

  One day it changed.

  . . . . . .

A Straight Line to My Heart, P33
Bill Condon
ISBN 978-174237-730-8




No comments :

Post a Comment